Wedding Day Emergency Essentials
You’ve made it through the planning process, and now your big day is finally here. After all of that hard work, the last thing that you want is to be caught unprepared the day of your wedding. Plan ahead to make sure you have everything you need in case of an emergency. The following list of essentials will give you piece-of-mind throughout your wedding day.
Food & Drink
There is arguably nothing more important than staying energized and hydrated during your wedding. You have a long day ahead of you, and the last thing you need is to have a mid day crash. Consider using an online delivery service that will bring drinks and snacks right to your location if you’re in a pinch. This will save you and your party time to focus on the more important things. Having some snacks and drinks on hand will keep you ready to go for the long day ahead. Some of the items you may want to have on hand, or order for delivery include:
● Healthy snacks like protein bars and fruit so that you are not too full but still feel satisfied and energized.
● Breath mints / Gum to keep you fresh for your first kiss as a married couple.
● Bottles of water because you can never have enough water.
● Energy drinks to provide that necessary caffeine boost.
● Alcohol for when you need to calm those pre-wedding jitters and celebrate after you’ve said your “I Dos.”.
Why is it that technology always seems to fail us right when we need it the most? There is nothing worse than grabbing your phone to take a picture only to find out that you have 1% battery left and no charger in sight. Make sure that you have the essentials close by at all times in case of emergencies. Because your mind will be in a million places on the day of your wedding, be sure to pack these items ahead of time, or better yet, have someone else pack them for you! Some of your tech must haves on your big day include:
● A phone charger. Look for a universal charger that suits all phone types just in case someone in your wedding party needs to borrow it too.
● Battery packs, especially for outdoor weddings where outlets may be few and far between.
● A bluetooth speaker, because everyone likes a little music when they’re getting ready
The Bride and Groom need to be photo-ready at all times throughout the day of their wedding. However with all that is going on around them there is a lot of room for accidents. If you are prepared for everything, you will not have to worry about a makeup mishap or a wardrobe malfunction ruining your photos. Pro tip: keep a bag with your beauty essentials close by at all times throughout the day so that you can be ready for anything at a moment’s notice. Some other essentials include:
● A sewing kit because you never know when you might need to make a quick repair on a dress.
● Double-Sided Tape is a bride’s best friend and keeps everything where it should be.
● A lint brush to make sure your dress is clean and free of any lint.
● Stain remover pens are great in case there is an accidental spill or other stain.
The last thing that anyone needs on their wedding day is to not feel their best. Make sure that you have all of your first aid essentials that you or someone else may need on hand. Hopefully you don’t need any of these items, but it is better to be safe than sorry. Some common first aid items to have on hand include:
● Small first aid kit. This will cover everything you need in case there are any accidental cuts or scrapes that need a quick fix.
● Allergy Medication, make sure to choose a non-drowsy option
● Pain Relievers for any headaches or body aches.
● Antacids to relieve heartburn or an upset stomach.
● Bug Spray is great for outside weddings where mosquitos may become an issue.
No matter what, there is bound to be some type of small emergency on your big day. Be prepared with the essentials. It is one of the best ways to ensure that you have a stress free wedding. The more prepared you are the more time you will have to create memories that will last a lifetime.